- Aluminum is significantly lighter than steel and is therefore fat more popular in the outdoor and climbing industries where weight is a major factor.
- Locking Gate come with a separate mechanism or sleeve that ensures the carabiner does not accidentally open.
- Auto-locking carabiner uses an internal spring mechanism to not only close the carabiner but also lock the carabiner as soon as the gate is released.
- Pin Nose Gate is a notch in the nose of the carabiner to maintain the structure and strength. This nose type is typically stronger.
- Modified “D” shape. This shape helps to push the load to the back of the “spine”. Allows weight to be carried primarily by the spine and less by the gate—making for a stronger and lighter use.
MBS: 23 kN