- Aluminum is significantly lighter than steel and is therefore fat more popular in the outdoor and climbing industries where weight is a major factor.
- Non-Locking Gate for general use and when clipping quickly is important. All non-locking carabiners are spring-loaded to ensure immediate gate closure upon release.
- Bent gate allows a faster and more ergonomic clip in.
- Pin Nose Gate is a notch in the nose of the carabiner to maintain the structure and strength. This nose type is typically stronger.
- Modified “D” shape. This shape helps to push the load to the back of the “spine”. Allows weight to be carried primarily by the spine and less by the gate—making for a stronger and lighter use.